How Many Pounds Can the 2022 Chevy Tahoe Tow?
The Chevrolet Tahoe offers Sterling Heights drivers a comfortable interior, sturdy construction, and plenty of passenger and cargo room. Towing is just one more thing that this full-frame SUV does exceptionally well! The 2022 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity, when properly configured, can safely reach up to 8,400 pounds.
This is similar to what you might expect from a full-size pickup like the Silverado 1500, largely because the Tahoe is built with a similar level of frame reinforcement and engine power. Additionally, the maximum Chevy Tahoe payload is 1,834 pounds. Read on to explore how many pounds the 2022 Chevy Tahoe can tow, the Chevy Tahoe maximum payload, and the Chevy Tahoe tow hitch options with Moran Chevrolet, Inc.!
2022 Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity
The 2022 Chevy Tahoe’s towing capacity is reliable whether you’re towing materials around Macomb Township or getting your jet ski to the lake. What’s more, all Tahoe configurations have great towing and payload capacities! If you’re curious exactly how many pounds the 2022 Chevy Tahoe can tow in each available configuration, see below:
2022 ChevyTahoe Towing Capacity by Engine and Drive Type
- 8,400 pounds – 5.3L 2WD
- 8,200 pounds – 5.3L 4WD
- 8,300 pounds – 6.2L 2WD
- 8,100 pounds – 6.2L 4WD
- 8,200 pounds – 3.0L 2WD
- 8,000 pounds – 3.0L 4WD
2022 Chevy Tahoe Maximum Payload
The 2022 Chevy Tahoe maximum payload is determined in part by the powerful engines. There are three options for Saint Clair Shores drivers, and you’ll be moving quickly, efficiently, and securely no matter which you choose. Here are the specifications and maximum Chevy Tahoe payload for all three engines:
- 355 horsepower
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,834 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,746 pounds
- 420 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,671 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,616 pounds
3.0L Turbo Diesel
- 277 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,717 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,625 pounds
Chevy Tahoe Tow Hitch and Additional Towing Features
Enjoy a variety of standard and available features at the forefront of technology, including a Max Trailering Package that goes far beyond the 2022 Chevy Tahoe tow hitch. Here are just a few of the features specifically relevant for towing:
- 13 Camera Views: Excellent situational awareness through views that include “transparent trailer” and “rear trailer” modes.
- Max Trailering Package: A high-performance trailering package that includes a high-capacity radiator and cooling fan, a Hitch Guidance system with Hitch View, an integrated trailer brake controller, and the Chevrolet trailering app.
- Active Fuel Management: 12 modes of cylinder deactivation ensure the engine is always and instantly optimized for any load you are hauling, dramatically increasing gas mileage.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Semi-autonomous technology that makes highway cruising more relaxing and safe than ever before.
- Trailering App: The trailering app includes trailer profiles, trailer tire temperature monitoring, trailer tire pressure, and Side Blind Zone Alert for trailering.
Test Drive the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe at Moran Chevrolet, Inc.
Here at Moran Chevrolet, Inc., we want to make the car-buying process as quick and easy as it can be. With such services as an online payment calculator, car buying tips, and even an online pre-qualifying app we do just that. Come on by Moran Chevrolet, Inc. today to experience the Tahoe yourself with a test drive!
More from Moran Chevrolet, Inc.
Life in Sterling Heights is busier than ever, so you need an SUV that can keep up! The Chevy Equinox is a compact crossover with excellent efficiency and sharp handling suited for traffic, and its cabin offers generous cargo space and an array of tech features to make your everyday drives easier. Read on for…
Looking for a powerful, full-size SUV that’s roomy enough for all your gear, but doesn’t skimp when it comes to the finer things? Then you can’t afford to overlook everything that’s offered by the 2022 Chevy Tahoe interior! In the guide below, we’ll be taking a closer look at the Tahoe interior dimensions, as…
The Chevrolet Tahoe offers Sterling Heights drivers a comfortable interior, sturdy construction, and plenty of passenger and cargo room. Towing is just one more thing that this full-frame SUV does exceptionally well! The 2022 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity, when properly configured, can safely reach up to 8,400 pounds. View Inventory Contact us This is similar…