How Many Pounds Can the 2022 Chevy Tahoe Tow?
The Chevrolet Tahoe offers Sterling Heights drivers a comfortable interior, sturdy construction, and plenty of passenger and cargo room. Towing is just one more thing that this full-frame SUV does exceptionally well! The 2022 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity, when properly configured, can safely reach up to 8,400 pounds.
This is similar to what you might expect from a full-size pickup like the Silverado 1500, largely because the Tahoe is built with a similar level of frame reinforcement and engine power. Additionally, the maximum Chevy Tahoe payload is 1,834 pounds. Read on to explore how many pounds the 2022 Chevy Tahoe can tow, the Chevy Tahoe maximum payload, and the Chevy Tahoe tow hitch options with Moran Chevrolet, Inc.!
2022 Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity
The 2022 Chevy Tahoe’s towing capacity is reliable whether you’re towing materials around Macomb Township or getting your jet ski to the lake. What’s more, all Tahoe configurations have great towing and payload capacities! If you’re curious exactly how many pounds the 2022 Chevy Tahoe can tow in each available configuration, see below:
2022 ChevyTahoe Towing Capacity by Engine and Drive Type
- 8,400 pounds – 5.3L 2WD
- 8,200 pounds – 5.3L 4WD
- 8,300 pounds – 6.2L 2WD
- 8,100 pounds – 6.2L 4WD
- 8,200 pounds – 3.0L 2WD
- 8,000 pounds – 3.0L 4WD
2022 Chevy Tahoe Maximum Payload
The 2022 Chevy Tahoe maximum payload is determined in part by the powerful engines. There are three options for Saint Clair Shores drivers, and you’ll be moving quickly, efficiently, and securely no matter which you choose. Here are the specifications and maximum Chevy Tahoe payload for all three engines:
- 355 horsepower
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,834 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,746 pounds
- 420 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,671 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,616 pounds
3.0L Turbo Diesel
- 277 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,717 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,625 pounds
Chevy Tahoe Tow Hitch and Additional Towing Features
Enjoy a variety of standard and available features at the forefront of technology, including a Max Trailering Package that goes far beyond the 2022 Chevy Tahoe tow hitch. Here are just a few of the features specifically relevant for towing:
- 13 Camera Views: Excellent situational awareness through views that include “transparent trailer” and “rear trailer” modes.
- Max Trailering Package: A high-performance trailering package that includes a high-capacity radiator and cooling fan, a Hitch Guidance system with Hitch View, an integrated trailer brake controller, and the Chevrolet trailering app.
- Active Fuel Management: 12 modes of cylinder deactivation ensure the engine is always and instantly optimized for any load you are hauling, dramatically increasing gas mileage.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Semi-autonomous technology that makes highway cruising more relaxing and safe than ever before.
- Trailering App: The trailering app includes trailer profiles, trailer tire temperature monitoring, trailer tire pressure, and Side Blind Zone Alert for trailering.
Test Drive the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe at Moran Chevrolet, Inc.
Here at Moran Chevrolet, Inc., we want to make the car-buying process as quick and easy as it can be. With such services as an online payment calculator, car buying tips, and even an online pre-qualifying app we do just that. Come on by Moran Chevrolet, Inc. today to experience the Tahoe yourself with a test drive!
More from Moran Chevrolet, Inc.
You know you can count on a new Chevy Tahoe to tow your boat or trailer, but will it keep your family safe? Wherever you’re headed off on your everyday errands in Sterling Heights or crossing the country, you can count on a comprehensive suite of 2023 Chevrolet Tahoe safety features. Chevy Tahoe InventoryChevrolet Research…
The Chevy Trailblazer is a compact crossover that stands out in a big way on Sterling Heights streets, but what’s it like on the inside? Check out our guide to the 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer interior features and we’re sure you’ll agree that this sporty SUV is sure to elevate the time you spend behind the wheel…
Looking for legendary muscle car performance and styling that doesn’t break your budget? Believe it or not, a new Chevy Camaro isn’t out of the question—far from it! The 2023 Camaro price ranges from a surprisingly accessible $27,495 MSRP for the base trim. But there’s also a whole lot of ground to cover should you…